Our Foundation supports local communities in Zanzibar
Mission of the Foundation
The main goal of the PiliPili Foundation is to help by strengthening Zanzibar communities as a whole. Our mission is to develop communities by leveraging the island’s tourism appeal and local cultural heritage.
The areas in which the Foundation supports Zanzibarians can be divided into five areas:
Our overarching goal is to promote the well-being and health of the community:
– access to safe drinking water (Water for Jambiani Project – construction of a reservoir for 250,000 liters of water)
– improvement of primary health care, among others by providing necessary equipment and medicines
– Health education through the organization of trainings and workshops on pregnancy, nutrition, and hygiene
Within the framework of activities in the field of education :
– we equalize opportunities for children (especially from educationally neglected environments)
– we support the potential of the most talented youth
– we organize educational trips on ecological themes
– we organize thematic workshops, according to the needs of the community
– through training we improve the qualifications of local teachers
– we teach Polish language to willing youth and adults with emphasis on the area of tourism and gastronomy
Here the mission is to promote environmental sustainability by:
– building awareness of current issues among the community
– recycling education (providing equipment for waste segregation)
– Organizing beach and village clean-up groups
– Supporting coral reef conservation
– community tree planting campaigns
– All activities supporting a cleaner Zanzibar
Our main goal is to educate people to improve their quality of life and increase their income.
We realize it mainly by conducting trainings and promoting new skills (e.g. Sewing Dada Project).
We support and teach entrepreneurship, creating new development opportunities for local people.
We also improve the social situation of orphans, widows, disabled and handicapped people.
We meet the most urgent needs and provide opportunities for education and competence development.
We want to support the development of local talents who can be pride and role models for the community.
This is an important part of the education of children and youth, which can give them a better future as professional athletes.
We want to achieve the goal by:
– providing the local community with training opportunities and sports infrastructure for everyday use
– supporting the construction of a new football stadium with artificial turf
– cooperating with the Zanzibar Football Federation (ZFF) by supporting the Zanzibar Heroes league and national team
– providing necessary equipment and assistance in training football players
– inviting sports stars from Poland to the island, including Olympic Games and World Championships medalists
The stadium and training center will serve not only the children but also the Dulla Boys team, which we support and want to help it win promotion to the Zanzibar Premier League.
You can contact us in various ways as convenient for you.
The availability of our facilities changes frequently. In order to obtain an offer and make a reservation, please contact the reservation department, specifying your preferred date of arrival and the number of people. If you already have an object selected – ask about it specifically. If not – we will suggest something that you will surely like.
In all other matters not related to reservations, contact us by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org– we will provide information to people responsible for a given area.
Use our form